Parenting After Separation
Location: #20, 9912 106 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5K 1C5
DISCLAIMER: PARENTING AFTER SEPARATION IS MANDATED BY the court of queen’s bench FOR SEPARATED AND/OR DIVORCED PARENTS WITH CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE.
How a child reacts to their parent’s separation will depend on age, level of emotional development, attachment or relationship history and, most importantly, how respectful the parents are towards one another.
Parenting After Separation is a course to help parents make positive choices about how they will continue to parent their children after separation. Parenting After Separation is available as an in-person workshop OR an online e-course.
The objectives are to provide parents with tools to:
- Understand and support their children’s needs in separation.
- Help children through the separation.
- Maintain a positive relationship with children.
- Understand the emotional, financial and legal implications of parenting apart.
- Gain an understanding of court processes (i.e. adversarial, litigation).
- Promote mediation, collaborative law, and other dispute resolution options as a means of resolving disputes.
CAN I ATTEND PAS WITH MY PARTNER?
Separating and/or divorcing parents are not permitted to attend the course together and there are no exceptions. Parents must register in different sessions (you will be asked for your partner’s name when registering). This is to ensure the safety and comfort of all participants.
Monday and Thursday, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
How to Register
Click here to register online or call us at 780.413.9805.
Registration days and hours:
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on weekends and statutory holidays
- Participants must attend the entire 6-hour course to receive a certificate.
- Attendance is required for most proceedings in the Court of Queen’s Bench.
- Attendance is voluntary for Provincial Court matters unless ordered by the court.
- No children will be admitted.
- You must register upon arrival to ensure your attendance is recorded.