Everyone experiences conflict in relationships at some point. Whether it’s with friends, family members, co-workers or romantic partners, the trick to maintaining positive relationships is understanding how to resolve disagreements in a constructive way. Sometimes that’s easier said than done, especially when emotion, defenses, or pride get in the way.
Strive is a 16-week therapy group for men experiencing challenges in relationships. It will help you enhance your well-being by showing you how to develop healthier relationship skills based on your own personal values and what you want your life to be. We want you to experience stronger relationships and a balanced life with less conflict.
What does the content cover?
Strive consists of the following four modules, which can be taken in any order. Each module is covered over four weeks, making this a 16-week program.
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Conflict management and communication skills
- Core beliefs, values, and life balance
- Power in relationships and impacts of stereotypes
Who can attend?
Any man over age 18 who is experiencing challenges in relationships can sign up
What will you learn?
Through Strive, you will learn ways to:
- Develop and vision and plan for the life you want to live
- Effectively resolve conflicts in relationships
- Balance life’s competing demands and pressures
When and where is it offered?
- Wednesdays, 6 - 7.30 PM
- Strive takes place at our offices at 9912-106 Street, Edmonton
- We cover 4 modules over 16 weeks (4 weekly sessions per module). Modules can be taken in any order and over any time frame
- New participants can start once every four weeks
How much does it cost?
- $200 per module
- Subsidies may be available based on our sliding scale. We will complete a fee assessment for you after you have attended an information session
How do I register?
- First, drop in at one of our free information sessions. All information sessions start at 5 PM and run for about an hour. The information sessions are held at our offices 9912 - 106 Street, Edmonton
- October 24
- November 7
- November 28
- December 5
- After the information session, if you decide to register for the group, we will complete a fee assessment and book you for an individual interview to gather background information and set personalized goals for your time in Strive