Reference competition #: 1387
Job type: Full-time
Date posted: August 20, 2019
Application deadline: Until filled
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services, basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves in providing leading-edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma-Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
Join our dynamic team of human care service professionals who are committed to developing positive working relationships as an integrated team member. Within this team, you will be working collaboratively with other professionals to meet the needs of children, youth, families and communities that lead to successful outcomes. The Family Centre requires Youth Reunification workers for our Youth Reunification Service.
You will be part of a team working in our Youth Reunification homes that provide a family-oriented environment for youth aged 13 - 18 years. You will work within a relational, developmental model utilizing a harm reduction, attachment based approach.
You will be supporting youth to re-connect to family and community in meaningful ways and create long lasting, permanent relationships. You will encourage the development of healthy living skills. In order to ensure a stable and consistent environment for the youth, Youth Reunification homes are supported 24 hours a day by team members working 12 hour shifts (days and nights) on a consistent rotation.
- Diploma or Degree in Child & Youth Care, Early Childhood Development or Human Services Field and equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 year experience (preferably residential)
- Experience working with youth and families from diverse cultures
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to work with people who have experienced trauma
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and liability insurance
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability
- Attending to the daily maintenance of the home, while teaching and modeling household management skills
- Observes and documents youth interactions, focusing on strengths, concerns and areas of growth, while ensuring transparency with the youth and service team
- Expand the youth’s circle of support and reignite pre-existing relationships
- Assess on-going risk for youth and safety plan accordingly within a comprehensive team
- Provide emotional support to the youth, while maintaining a focus on general wellbeing, trauma and attachment
- Provide support & coverage in both the Youth & Family Reunification Homes, as required
What to Expect:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service-specific training, and agency-wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching for personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $41,931 - $56, 127 Annually
- Competitive Health Benefit Plan
- 3 weeks' vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Mileage compensation
Please send your resume to:
Samantha Howe, CSD Growth and Development Supervisor
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.