Do you need a document translated from English to another language? Or from another language to English? The Family Centre offers qualified translators to prepare or edit written documents in more than 60 languages.
We translate and proofread documents for both individuals and organizations, including:
- Driver’s licenses
- Birth, marriage, or divorce certificates
- Educational credentials
- Criminal record checks
- Promotional materials (e.g., brochures, websites)
- Human resources information (e.g., employee manuals)
- Organizational manuals and processes
- Technical instructions
- Patient care information
All documents we translate include an affidavit signed by a Commissioner of Oaths.
The Family Centre’s Centralized Interpreter Services (CIS) provides professional interpreters so organizations can better communicate with clients who are not yet able to adequately speak or understand English. We offer interpretation and cultural insight services in more than 60 languages and dialects to help individuals live well, build strong relationships, and raise healthy families.
We offer the following interpretation services:
- Orientation: Free staff orientation sessions to help make your time with us more efficient and effective
- In-person interpretation: The client and organization representative deliver and interpret the message at a predetermined location (e.g., office, client residence, or class 7 driver knowledge test)
- Message relay (3 steps): An interpreter contacts the organization to receive the pre-determined message, phones the client to relay the message on behalf of the organization, (e.g., preparation for a medical test) and then confirms with the organization that the message was successfully delivered
- Telephone interpretation: This involves a three-way conference call (initiated by the organization) between the interpreter, the organization representative, and the client
- Cultural brokerage services: The interpreter explains cultural information, identifies and resolves cultural conflicts (e.g., meaning of words, practices, behaviours), or explains Canadian beliefs, values, and practices, pertaining to the professional, service provider, or organization