Relationships, whether they be with friends, family members, co-workers or romantic partners, are an important part of leading a healthy and fulfilling life. Some relationships help bring out the best in you, while others may leave you feeling hurt, angry, or insecure. It’s not always easy to determine which relationships are serving you well and how to fix the ones that are broken.
Healthy Relationships is a 16-week therapy group for women experiencing challenges in relationships. It will help you enhance your well-being by showing you how to develop healthier relationship skills based on your own personal values and what you want your life to be. We want you to experience stronger relationships and a balanced life with less conflict.
What does the content cover?
Healthy Relationships consists of the following four modules, which can be taken in any order. Each module is covered over four weeks, making this a 16-week program.
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Conflict management and communication skills
- Core beliefs, values, and life balance
- Power in relationships and impacts of stereotypes
Who can attend?
Any woman over age 18 who is experiencing challenges in relationships can sign up
What will you learn?
Through Healthy Relationships, you will learn ways to:
- Recognize the signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships and how to respond
- Effectively communicate in your relationships
- Implement flexible and appropriate boundaries
- Understand how your relationship with yourself impacts all your relationships
- Recognize the role that power plays in relationships
- Be more confident when resolving conflicts
When and where is it offered?
- Tuesdays, 6 - 7.30 PM
- Healthy relationships takes place at our offices at 9912-106 Street, Edmonton
- We cover 4 modules over 16 weeks (4 weekly sessions per module). Modules can be taken in any order and over any time frame
- New participants can start once every four weeks
How much does it cost?
- $200 per module
- Subsidies may be available based on our sliding scale. We will complete a fee assessment for you after you have attended an information session
How do I register?
- First, drop in at one of our free information sessions. All information sessions start at 5 PM and run for about an hour. The information sessions are held at our offices 9912 - 106 Street, Edmonton
- November 20
- November 27
- January 8
- January 15
- February 5
- February 12
- March 5
- March 12
- April 2
- April 9
- After the information session, if you decide to register for the group, we will complete a fee assessment and book you for an individual interview to gather background information and set personalized goals for your time in Healthy Relationships