The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services, basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves in providing leading-edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma-Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
Reference competition #: 1368
Job type: Part-time
Date posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Application deadline: Until filled
The Family Centre is currently hiring energetic individuals interested in working with our Reception Team. This position supports clients and employees. The Receptionist reports to the Social Enterprise Centre Supervisor and is responsible for keeping the front desk area operational and welcoming.
The scheduled hours for this position will be decided by the supervisor and the successful candidate. These shifts will be shared by more than one candidate, with a consistent schedule.
- Monday-Thursday 4 pm-8:30 pm
- Friday 8:15 am-3:30 pm
- Saturday 8:30-4:30 pm
Note: Please include availability in your cover letter.
- Greet and support clients and visitors to The Family Centre
- Maintain a clean, welcoming reception waiting area
- Represent The Family Centre in a professional manner
- Validate, guide, and support internal and external parties
- Support Drop-In and Continuous Intake Counselling clients
- Provide initial paperwork to clients
- Check in clients, create files, process payments, and complete accurate receipts
- Answer phone calls
- Complete daily administrative tasks
- Assist in opening and closing agency
- 2 years of post-secondary education preferred
- 1 year of customer service experience
- 1 year of experience interacting with disadvantaged individuals such as: individuals with mental health concerns, those experiencing domestic violence, addictions, or who have English as a second language
- 1 year of administrative experience is an asset
- De-escalation skills and comfort supporting distressed individuals is a must
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, dynamic, high-volume reception area with efficiency and a friendly client-focused approach
- Experience working in the Human Services sector or for a non-profit agency is considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and ability to multi-task with a range of electronic systems
- Police Check (including vulnerable sector) and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months (both to be renewed every 3 years thereafter)
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients, customers, and agency employees
- Ability to work in a team environment and share the work-load
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high volume
What to Expect:
- Training – compressive onboarding/orientation process which includes service-specific training, and agency-wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching for personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $20.68 - $26.52 Hourly
- Vacation accrued based on full-time equivalent
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume to:
Social Enterprise Centre Supervisor
Please include the reference number in the subject line. If you are applying for multiple positions within The Family Centre, you will need to send your resume to the email address in each job posting. Note: we do not keep resumes on file.
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.