Competition number: 1374
Date posted: June 17, 2019
Application deadline: June 21, 2019
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading-edge training and strong, reflective supervision. We intend to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma-Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is currently hiring a Human Resources Supervisor to work within the Finance Department. This newly created position will support the Clinical Supervisory team in our Therapy and Counselling programs, by continuing to develop and facilitate onboarding and new hire orientation for these program areas, as well as providing guidance and expertise to the broader agency in the area of Human Resources. This position directly supervises the HR Admin position and reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources, with related experience in hiring, onboarding, and training new staff
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation or eligibility is an asset
- Supervisory and Not-for-Profit experience is an asset
- Understanding of HR procedures
- Thorough knowledge of current Employment and Labour Standards legislation
- Police Check and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with staff
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Innovative, creative thinker
- Ability to navigate courageous conversations effectively
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and highly engaged
- Onboarding and orienting new Mental Health Therapists
- Assisting and supporting the Clinical Supervisory Team with staffing needs
- Provides proactive guidance, direction, and support to the HR Admin in both formal and informal supervisions
- Ongoing maintenance of all HR templates and forms
- Assist in ensuring integration of HR processes and procedures throughout the agency
- Facilitate the Group Benefits sign-up process with all new agency employees
- Facilitate the employee sign-up process for the Group RRSP Plan
- Conduct HR Research and provide HR expertise for the agency as required
- Assist with creating new processes and procedures for increased efficiency as related to HR functions
What to Expect
- Training – compressive onboarding/orientation process with includes service specific training, and agency-wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $56,943 to $76,152 annually
- Manulife Group Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume to mentioning full time or part time application:
Stephanie Kolibaba, Director of Finance
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.