Men & Anger
Location: #20 9912 106 Street, Edmonton
Anger is a natural emotion you experience when something doesn’t go as planned or someone contradicts what you think is “right.” People of all ages and personalities experience anger but how we respond to it varies greatly from person to person. There are also many emotions associated with anger that range from mild frustration to full-blown rage.
When anger becomes an issue, you may find yourself holding in negative thoughts, taking your negativity out on others, and in some cases, even acting impulsively or doing something you are ashamed of later. This is when you need strategies to effectively express your anger. The Men and Anger workshop provides hands-on ways to deal with anger so you can have positive relationships and address conflict in a positive and healthy way.
Who can attend?
- Any man over the age of 18 who wants to learn more about healthy ways to express anger and resolve conflict
What will you learn?
You will learn how to address anger as a normal, healthy emotion by understanding:
- The underlying emotions connected with anger in men
- Your own triggers for anger
- Effective ways to deal with and express anger
- Ways to set healthy boundaries in relationships
- How to manage stress
- How to effectively communicate and resolve conflict
- Why self-esteem/self-worth affect anger
By the end of the session, you will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting yourself
- Sharing your most important concerns with others
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, and emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
How will you learn?
At The Family Centre, we believe in continually adapting our programs based on the latest thinking and research. Our workshop instructors work with clients on a daily basis and see first-hand the typical challenges men face. The workshops are highly interactive so you will have many opportunities to ask questions, learn about yourself, hear others’ experiences, and practise new skills.
When and where is it offered?
- This 10-hour workshop is offered 9 times per year at our offices at 9912-106 Street
- Each group workshop has a maximum of 14 participants
- Workshops are Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- For those who want to book a three-hour private session, please contact us to arrange a date and time
How much does it cost?
Group workshops: $150 per person
3-hour individual sessions: $325 per person
The Family Centre is dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If you are unable to afford the cost of this workshop, please contact us about financial subsidies.
"I am grateful to be learning how and why I have acted and thought the way I did. I enjoyed learning more about how our brains work based on our life experiences and that my thinking and reacting can and will be corrected.
"Great program! Feel like I have learned things I never even thought about before."
"Truly amazing, opened my eyes."
Register By: June 14, 2017
Fri, Jun 16, 2017: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Jun 17, 2017: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: August 16, 2017
Fri, Aug 18, 2017: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Aug 19, 2017: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: September 20, 2017
Fri, Sep 22, 2017: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Sep 23, 2017: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: October 25, 2017
Fri, Oct 27, 2017: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Oct 28, 2017: 9.00am - 4.00pm