The Family Centre
Location: #20 9912 106 Street, Edmonton
Divorce is an emotional and challenging experience. So when you find someone new that you want to spend the rest of your life with, you may be excited and eager to move forward. One or both of you may be cautious, trying hard to avoid prior mistakes, or lacking in self-confidence.
New relationships are influenced by previous experiences and sometimes can be more complicated because there are often more relationships to manage: ex-spouses, step-children, in-laws, and friends.
Only time and strong communication with each other will help strengthen your bond as a couple. The Family Centre can prepare you for your second marriage and give you a better chance at long-term success. We want you to go into this important commitment with a positive attitude, realistic expectations, and hope for the future.
Who can attend?
Any couple about to get married for the second time. (One or both partners must have been married before.) Both partners must attend.
What will you learn?
You will build skills for a strong and healthy relationship by understanding:
- What you can learn from prior relationships
- How to adjust to a blended family
- Why individual family origins are important
- How to better communicate
- Effective ways to solve problems and resolve conflict and
By the end of the session, you and your partner will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting your beliefs in a respectful way
- Sharing your most important concerns with each other
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
How will you learn?
At The Family Centre, we believe in continually adapting our programs based on the latest thinking and research. Our workshop instructors work with clients on a daily basis and see first-hand the typical challenges in a marriage. These private sessions are highly interactive so you will have many opportunities to ask questions, learn about yourself and your partner, and practise new skills.
When and where is it offered?
- This three-hour workshop is by appointment only and is held at our offices at 9912-106 Street
- Please contact us to arrange a date and time
How much does it cost?
3-hour individual sessions only: $325 per couple
The Family Centre is dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If you are unable to afford the cost of this workshop, please contact us about financial subsidies.