Focus on Communication in Separation
Funded by Alberta Justice and Solicitor General
Location: 9912 106 Street, Edmonton, AB T5K 1C5
If you have not received a confirmation email within 30 minutes of registering, please contact us at 780.413.9805 or at email@example.com.
FAMILY JUSTICE SERVICES INVITES PARENTS WHO ARE PARENTING APART TO ATTEND A NO-COST COMMUNICATION COURSE.
Focus on Communication in Separation (FOCIS) is a six hour, skill-based course teaching parents how to communicate effectively while living apart. FOCIS aims to enhance the communication skills of parents, reduce parental conflict and improve long term outcomes for children. Parents completing the course will be able to decrease tension and stress for themselves and their children by reducing conflict through improved communication and problem solving skills. Parents attend separate groups so each parent has a safe place to learn and practice new skills. A certificate of completion is provided at the end of the course.
- Impact of parental conflict on children.
- Importance of listening.
- Understanding conflict, conflict styles and conflict cycles.
- Effective use of questions, paraphrases and summarizing techniques.
- Mindsets and perceptions.
- “I” statements.
LEARN TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE OTHER PARENT FOR YOUR CHILDREN’S SAKE!
- Learn to communicate effectively while parenting apart.
- Reducing tension from conflicts will result in less stress for both you and your children.
- Ongoing conflict between parents can have a long lasting negative effect on children of separation or divorce.
- Studies have shown that inter-parental anger and conflict are very strong indicators of how well children fare, both now and over the rest of their lives.
- You can help your children by showing them that people don’t have to argue to get their ideas across.
W: Click Here