Location: #20, 9912 106 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5K 1C5
If you have not received a confirmation email within 30 minutes of registering, please contact us at 780.497.7536 or at email@example.com.
You are about to embark on one of the most significant milestones in your life: marriage. You and your partner are in love and busy planning for your big day. You are both probably feeling excited, proud, and even a bit nervous. But what happens after the wedding day is even more critical than saying “I do.”
Relationships are challenging, often filled with unexpected emotional events and conflict. And since no two people are exactly the same, you will likely deal with these situations in different ways. Through the Marriage Preparation Workshop, we can help you prepare for this deep and meaningful commitment to give you a better chance of long-term success. We want you to be strong and healthy together, well after the honeymoon is over.
Who can attend?
- Any couple about to get married. Both partners must attend
- This non-denominational workshop may qualify as the mandatory course for couples getting married in a church. Please confirm with your church or religious leader first
What will you learn?
You will build skills for a strong and healthy relationship by understanding:
- What to expect from each other
- How to better communicate
- Effective ways to solve problems and resolve conflict
- Why individual family origins are important
- How to relate to your in-laws
- Sexuality and intimacy
- Ways to manage your money
- Children and parenting
By the end of the session, you and your partner will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting your beliefs in a respectful way
- Sharing your most important concerns with each other
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
How will you learn?
At The Family Centre, we believe in continually adapting our programs based on the latest thinking and research. Our workshop instructors work with couples on a daily basis and see first-hand the typical relationship challenges, and successful ways to build a healthy and nurturing marriage. Our teaching style is highly interactive so you will have many opportunities to ask questions, learn about yourself and your partner, hear others’ experiences, and practise new skills.
When and where is it offered?
- This 10-hour workshop is offered 14 times per year at our offices at 9912-106 Street
- Each group workshop has a maximum of 7 couples (14 total participants)
- Workshops are Fridays from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- For couples who want to book a private session, please contact us to arrange a date and time
How much does it cost?
Group workshops (7 couple limit): $200 per couple
Individual sessions (only you and your partner): $325 per couple
The Family Centre is dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If you are unable to afford the cost of this workshop, please contact us about financial subsidies.
“The Marriage Preparation class helped us learn how to be a strong couple, no matter what life throws at us.”
"It was a great workshop and very informative. I believe it should be mandated before any marriage. Thanks for great experience."
"I was very hesitant to come and I was surprised by how much I learned. The facilitator was fantastic and I would highly recommend her to anyone. This was a very positive experience."
Register By: November 1, 2017
Fri, Nov 3, 2017: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Nov 4, 2017: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: November 29, 2017
Fri, Dec 1, 2017: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Dec 2, 2017: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: January 24, 2018
Fri, Jan 26, 2018: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Jan 27, 2018: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: February 7, 2018
Fri, Feb 9, 2018: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Feb 10, 2018: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: March 7, 2018
Fri, Mar 9, 2018: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Mar 10, 2018: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Register By: April 11, 2018
Fri, Apr 13, 2018: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sat, Apr 14, 2018: 9.00am - 4.00pm