Relationships, whether they be with friends, family members, co-workers or romantic partners, are an important part of leading a healthy and fulfilling life. Some relationships help bring out the best in you, while others may leave you feeling hurt, angry, or insecure. It’s not always easy to determine which relationships are serving you well and how to fix the ones that are broken.
Healthy Relationships is a therapy group for women experiencing challenges in relationships. It will help you enhance your well-being by showing you how to develop healthier relationship skills based on your own personal values and what you want your life to be. We want you to experience stronger relationships and a balanced life with less conflict.
What does the content cover?
Healthy Relationships consists of the following modules, which can be taken in any order:
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Conflict resolution and communication skills
- Core beliefs, values, and self-image
- Balancing power in relationships
Who can attend?
Any woman over age 18 can sign up for Healthy Relationships.
What will you learn?
Through Healthy Relationships, you will learn ways to:
- Recognize the signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships and how to respond
- Effectively communicate in your relationships
- Implement flexible and appropriate boundaries
- Understand how your relationship with yourself impacts all your relationships
- Recognize the role that power plays in relationships
- Be more confident when resolving conflicts
When and where is it offered?
- Healthy Relationships takes place at our offices at 9912-106 Street, Edmonton
- We cover 4 modules over 16 weeks (4 weekly sessions per module), although modules may be completed in any order and over any time frame
How much does it cost?
- $200 per module
- Subsidies may be available. To apply for subsidized counselling, please contact us
How do I register?