- ShortTerm, Confidential, Accredited, Professional Services
- Covered by Extended Health Insurance in most cases
- Subsidy available for those who qualify
- Family, Couple and Individual Services available
Counselling helps people heal from abuse and trauma...
Tim a 5 year old boy comes for play therapy.
The Counsellor notices cigarette burns on his arm.
Tim quietly plays until he finds the right toys.
It is then he starts to act out his trauma.
Counselling helps build stronger relationships...
The parents are angry.
Angry at each other for the distance in their marriage.
Angry at themselves wondering where they went wrong.
Angry that they neglected to nurture their relationship.
Counselling helps us navigate through life changes...
I am a single parent, work full time and my mother is ill.
I have no time to care for myself and I am exhausted.
It is so difficult watching my mother’s health decline.
I feel so depressed….
Counselling helps us raise healthy children.
Parenting is a tough job.
Some days I can’t cope, I just lose it.
I am scared that one day I might really hurt my kids.
I really want to be a good parent.
The Family Centre provides individual, couple, family, and group counselling for a wide range of issues including the following:
- Relationship issues (separation, divorce)
- Stress & Anxiety
- Parent-child conflict
- Domestic Abuse Prevention
- Trauma and Change
- Sexual Abuse
- Anger Problems
- Health Related issues
- Personal Growth
- Self Esteem
- Play Therapy
- Child and Adolescent development and behaviour
- Current rate is $150 per hour. You may be eligible to claim services through your extended health benefits if available. Check with your provider.
- Subsidized counselling is available.
- Fees are payable each session by Cash, Visa, Mastercard, or Interac.
To Register or for more information
Our Intake Department is open during the following hours to answer your qestions and book appointments:
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Statutory Holidays
Read our "Therapy and Counselling" brochure here.