Vision & Philosophy
The Family Centre exists to foster healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre’s vision is:
- Individuals are physically and emotionally capable and have the capacity to engage with others.
- Families nurture children effectively and are safe, functional havens for their adult members.
- Institutions function effectively and honestly.
- Communities are safe and functional.
- Economies work for the large majority.
The Family Centre believes that, with the right opportunities and tools, people can make choices that lead to success. Since 1942, we have been helping Alberta families, communities, institutions and workplaces make positive choices that lead to successful outcomes. We work to strengthen family wellness and build community capacity through innovative services and collaborative partnerships to engage our most vulnerable families in caring for our children.